You should now be up to date on filing returns.
- California Corporate Information Return
- California State Sales Tax
- California State Attorney General RRF1 and Raffle return if needed
- California 199 or 199N
- IRS 990 or 990N
What’s next? You should do two things as a follow-up.
- Start an Tax Filings folder (paper, electronic or both) that contains all your filings for the year You might consider printing everything to a PDF file and combining those returns with year-end financial statements, the last bank statement of the year, a copy of the budget and other important forms showing your societies financial history. If your main file is paper you should consider scanning it as a backup. At the very least you should have a copy of all important documents at a second site. It is very important for a societies financial health to have copies of important documents somewhere other than in the treasurer’s home at ALL TIMES.
- Update or create a Treasurer’s Job Calendar that incorporates all of the important filing dates for your Society. Add other important items such as Insurance Policy due dates, audit deadlines, etc.
7 of 7